Recent News from ACT! for America

alt

TEHRAN (FNA)- A Turkish prosecutor filed a report to the court in the Southern Turkish city of Adana, showing Syria militants have been ordering and receiving chemical material from Turkey.

On May 28 Turkish security forces found a 2-kg cylinder with sarin gas after searching the homes of terrorists from the Al-Qaeda-linked al-Nusra Front who were previously detained.

According to media reports, sarin gas was found in the homes of suspected Syrian militants detained in provinces of Adana and Mersia following a search by Turkish police.

Five Turks and a Syrian citizen, named Haitam Kassapwho, who were arrested on the case for allegations of buying chemical weapons in Turkey, have pleaded not guilty, according to the English-language Hurriyet Daily News, which quoted from the indictment.

Prosecution attorney objected the ruling and presented the court with a 132-page document which contained evidence of the suspects’ links to terrorist groups in Syria including al-Nusra Front and Al-Qaeda-linked Islamic States of Iraq and Levant (Ahrar al-Sham), a report by the Voice of Russia said.

The document says that radical Salafi groups set up a channel for carrying out terrorist attacks inside Turkey.

According to the document al-Nusra Front and Ahrar al-Sham group had tried to buy large amounts of sarin nerve gas and chemical substances used in manufacturing poisonous materials.

The prosecution believes that the suspects have links to Syrian groups close to Al-Qaeda and their leaders and were buying chemical materials from Turkey to send into Syria.

Citing telephone calls made by the suspects, the document shows they ordered at least ten tons of chemicals in total.

“The claim that the suspects didn’t know about the possibility of producing sarin nerve gas from the chemicals they tried to buy is not true which was established when they were testifying,” the document says.

Syrian government has already filed several reports to the United Nations on multiple chemical attacks carried out by foreign-backed militants during the bloody insurgency that has gripped the country since March 2011.

Conflicting reports of an alleged chemical attack near Syrian capital emerged on August 21, which the anti-Syria militants blamed on the Syrian government and prompted US threats of attacking the country.

Syria has categorically denied using chemical weapons and says the attack was a false-flag operation by the militants to open the way for US military action.

On Friday Syria become a full member of the global anti-chemical weapons treaty to show its commitment to ban of using chemical weapons.

To read more, Click here

The Right Planet
By: Sard
September 17, 2013

alt

TEHRAN (FNA)- A Turkish prosecutor filed a report to the court in the Southern Turkish city of Adana, showing Syria militants have been ordering and receiving chemical material from Turkey.

On May 28 Turkish security forces found a 2-kg cylinder with sarin gas after searching the homes of terrorists from the Al-Qaeda-linked al-Nusra Front who were previously detained.

According to media reports, sarin gas was found in the homes of suspected Syrian militants detained in provinces of Adana and Mersia following a search by Turkish police.

Five Turks and a Syrian citizen, named Haitam Kassapwho, who were arrested on the case for allegations of buying chemical weapons in Turkey, have pleaded not guilty, according to the English-language Hurriyet Daily News, which quoted from the indictment.

Prosecution attorney objected the ruling and presented the court with a 132-page document which contained evidence of the suspects’ links to terrorist groups in Syria including al-Nusra Front and Al-Qaeda-linked Islamic States of Iraq and Levant (Ahrar al-Sham), a report by the Voice of Russia said.

The document says that radical Salafi groups set up a channel for carrying out terrorist attacks inside Turkey.

According to the document al-Nusra Front and Ahrar al-Sham group had tried to buy large amounts of sarin nerve gas and chemical substances used in manufacturing poisonous materials.

The prosecution believes that the suspects have links to Syrian groups close to Al-Qaeda and their leaders and were buying chemical materials from Turkey to send into Syria.

Citing telephone calls made by the suspects, the document shows they ordered at least ten tons of chemicals in total.

“The claim that the suspects didn’t know about the possibility of producing sarin nerve gas from the chemicals they tried to buy is not true which was established when they were testifying,” the document says.

Syrian government has already filed several reports to the United Nations on multiple chemical attacks carried out by foreign-backed militants during the bloody insurgency that has gripped the country since March 2011.

Conflicting reports of an alleged chemical attack near Syrian capital emerged on August 21, which the anti-Syria militants blamed on the Syrian government and prompted US threats of attacking the country.

Syria has categorically denied using chemical weapons and says the attack was a false-flag operation by the militants to open the way for US military action.

On Friday Syria become a full member of the global anti-chemical weapons treaty to show its commitment to ban of using chemical weapons.

- See more at: http://www.therightplanet.com/2013/09/syrian-rebels-ordered-10-tons-of-sarin-nerve-agent-in-turkey/#sthash.csVKc0IN.dpuf

alt

TEHRAN (FNA)- A Turkish prosecutor filed a report to the court in the Southern Turkish city of Adana, showing Syria militants have been ordering and receiving chemical material from Turkey.

On May 28 Turkish security forces found a 2-kg cylinder with sarin gas after searching the homes of terrorists from the Al-Qaeda-linked al-Nusra Front who were previously detained.

According to media reports, sarin gas was found in the homes of suspected Syrian militants detained in provinces of Adana and Mersia following a search by Turkish police.

Five Turks and a Syrian citizen, named Haitam Kassapwho, who were arrested on the case for allegations of buying chemical weapons in Turkey, have pleaded not guilty, according to the English-language Hurriyet Daily News, which quoted from the indictment.

Prosecution attorney objected the ruling and presented the court with a 132-page document which contained evidence of the suspects’ links to terrorist groups in Syria including al-Nusra Front and Al-Qaeda-linked Islamic States of Iraq and Levant (Ahrar al-Sham), a report by the Voice of Russia said.

The document says that radical Salafi groups set up a channel for carrying out terrorist attacks inside Turkey.

According to the document al-Nusra Front and Ahrar al-Sham group had tried to buy large amounts of sarin nerve gas and chemical substances used in manufacturing poisonous materials.

The prosecution believes that the suspects have links to Syrian groups close to Al-Qaeda and their leaders and were buying chemical materials from Turkey to send into Syria.

Citing telephone calls made by the suspects, the document shows they ordered at least ten tons of chemicals in total.

“The claim that the suspects didn’t know about the possibility of producing sarin nerve gas from the chemicals they tried to buy is not true which was established when they were testifying,” the document says.

Syrian government has already filed several reports to the United Nations on multiple chemical attacks carried out by foreign-backed militants during the bloody insurgency that has gripped the country since March 2011.

Conflicting reports of an alleged chemical attack near Syrian capital emerged on August 21, which the anti-Syria militants blamed on the Syrian government and prompted US threats of attacking the country.

Syria has categorically denied using chemical weapons and says the attack was a false-flag operation by the militants to open the way for US military action.

On Friday Syria become a full member of the global anti-chemical weapons treaty to show its commitment to ban of using chemical weapons.

- See more at: http://www.therightplanet.com/2013/09/syrian-rebels-ordered-10-tons-of-sarin-nerve-agent-in-turkey/#sthash.csVKc0IN.dpuf
 
The U.S. Attorney in Brooklyn, N.Y., unsealed a criminal indictment on Wednesday charging a citizen of Mali with the murder of a U.S. diplomat and the attempted murder of a U.S. Marine staff sergeant in 2000.

Alhassane Ould Mohamed, also known as “Cheibani,” faces charged stemming from the murder and attempted murder of United States Embassy personnel stationed in Niamey, Niger, in December 2000. In addition to the announcement of this indictment, U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch announced a reward of $20,000 for information that leads to Mohamed's capture.

In the early 1990s the nomadic Tuareg of the north began an insurgency in Mali over land and cultural rights that persists to this day, despite central government attempts at military and negotiated solutions, according to the BBC.

"The insurgency was exacerbated by an influx of arms from Libya. The Saharan branch of al-Qaeda was quick to move into this increasingly lawless area, and seized control of the Tuareg north seceding from the rest of Mali and establishing a harsh form of Islamic law," claims the BBC research department.

According to the indictment, in the early morning hours of December 23, 2000, Mohamed, an alleged radical Muslim, and another gunman attacked employees posted at the United States Embassy in Niger as they left a restaurant.

Armed with a handgun and an AK-47 rifle, the two Islamists approached Department of Defense official William Bultemeier as he was about to enter his car, a white sport-utility vehicle bearing diplomatic license plates clearly indicating that it belonged to the United States Embassy.

According to Ms. Lynch, the 42-year-old Mohamed demanded that Bultemeier turn over the SUV's keys to the and then used the pistol to shoot Mr. Bultemeier point-blank.

Staff Sgt. Christopher McNeely, the commander of the Marine detail providing security at the United States Embassy in Niger at the time, ran to Mr. Bultemeier’s aid. Mohamed's unidentified co-conspirator fired his AK-47 at Mr. Bultemeier and Sgt. McNeely, striking them both.

After rummaging through Mr. Bultemeier’s clothing to get the SUV's keys, Mohamed and his fellow partner drove away in the U.S. Embassy vehicle.

Mr. Bultemeier died from the gunshot wounds, while Sgt. McNeely survived the shooting and later retired from the Marine Corps with the rank of Master Sergeant.

In June 2013, Islamist linked to al-Qaeda escaped from a prison in Niger's capital after several gunmen attacked the jail and killed two guards, according to Voice of America.

Among the 22 prisoners convicted on terrorism charges was Alassane Ould Mohamed, who was serving a 20-year sentence for the murder of four Saudi Arabians and an American, according to VOA.

 

Better late than never

On Sept. 13, 2013, a grand jury in the Eastern District of New York returned a sealed indictment charging the Mohamed with one count of murdering an internationally protected person and one count of attempting to murder an internationally protected person. But the indictment wasn't unsealed until early Wednesday.

“U.S. diplomat William Bultemeier lost his life while representing his country overseas, and U.S. Marine Christopher McNeely was gravely wounded trying to protect him, all during the brazen armed carjacking allegedly perpetrated by [Mohamed] and his confederate. The sacrifice of Mr. Bultemeier and the courage of Staff Sergeant McNeely in service to their country will not be forgotten," said Ms. Lynch.

"An attack on U.S. Government personnel, whether domestically or abroad, is an attack on the United States. The perpetrator of these crimes should always be looking over his shoulders; it is only a matter of time before he is apprehended. The FBI will continue working with its partners overseas to ensure that the defendant is captured and brought to justice,” stated FBI Assistant Director in Charge George Venizelos.

The Examiner
By: Jim Kouri
September 18, 2013

 

Roseville Public Schools apologized for giving elementary students permission slips to attend Bible classes at a local Baptist church after The Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) sent a letter of complaint to the district.

CAIRThe letter from the CAIR-MI executive director read, “School staff and teachers are not to serve as advocates for one particular religion or congregation within a religion by passing out slips inviting parents to give permission for their children to attend religious instruction.”

As EAGnews.org pointed out, this is exactly what CAIR wanted for Muslim students in a nearby district.

CAIR staff “recently met with Dearborn Public Schools Superintendent Brian Whiston to discuss concerns from some parents regarding prayer accommodations in Dearborn Public Schools,” according to Arab-American News.

The article goes on to say, “Dearborn Public Schools has implemented a policy which fully accommodates student-led prayer in all the schools, as well as unexcused absences for students who leave early on Fridays for Jumu’ah prayers. CAIR-MI is currently in discussion with Melvindale Public Schools to get similar accommodations for students that are now in place for Dearborn Public Schools. ”

So… let me get this straight. Muslims can practice their faith within the public school and even be excused from class to do so, but Christians cannot practice theirs off-campus?

- See more at: http://www.libertynews.com/2013/06/cair-demands-muslim-prayer-in-schools-but-attacks-optional-bible-lesson/#sthash.PfTErQVr.n3NPwbyA.dpuf

Roseville Public Schools apologized for giving elementary students permission slips to attend Bible classes at a local Baptist church after The Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) sent a letter of complaint to the district.

CAIR

The letter from the CAIR-MI executive director read, “School staff and teachers are not to serve as advocates for one particular religion or congregation within a religion by passing out slips inviting parents to give permission for their children to attend religious instruction.”

As EAGnews.org pointed out, this is exactly what CAIR wanted for Muslim students in a nearby district.

CAIR staff “recently met with Dearborn Public Schools Superintendent Brian Whiston to discuss concerns from some parents regarding prayer accommodations in Dearborn Public Schools,” according to Arab-American News.

The article goes on to say, “Dearborn Public Schools has implemented a policy which fully accommodates student-led prayer in all the schools, as well as unexcused absences for students who leave early on Fridays for Jumu’ah prayers. CAIR-MI is currently in discussion with Melvindale Public Schools to get similar accommodations for students that are now in place for Dearborn Public Schools. ”

So… let me get this straight. Muslims can practice their faith within the public school and even be excused from class to do so, but Christians cannot practice theirs off-campus?

Liberity News
By: Anna Elliott
June 3, 2013


Roseville Public Schools apologized for giving elementary students permission slips to attend Bible classes at a local Baptist church after The Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) sent a letter of complaint to the district.

CAIRThe letter from the CAIR-MI executive director read, “School staff and teachers are not to serve as advocates for one particular religion or congregation within a religion by passing out slips inviting parents to give permission for their children to attend religious instruction.”

As EAGnews.org pointed out, this is exactly what CAIR wanted for Muslim students in a nearby district.

CAIR staff “recently met with Dearborn Public Schools Superintendent Brian Whiston to discuss concerns from some parents regarding prayer accommodations in Dearborn Public Schools,” according to Arab-American News.

The article goes on to say, “Dearborn Public Schools has implemented a policy which fully accommodates student-led prayer in all the schools, as well as unexcused absences for students who leave early on Fridays for Jumu’ah prayers. CAIR-MI is currently in discussion with Melvindale Public Schools to get similar accommodations for students that are now in place for Dearborn Public Schools. ”

So… let me get this straight. Muslims can practice their faith within the public school and even be excused from class to do so, but Christians cannot practice theirs off-campus?

- See more at: http://www.libertynews.com/2013/06/cair-demands-muslim-prayer-in-schools-but-attacks-optional-bible-lesson/#sthash.PfTErQVr.n3NPwbyA.dpuf
 

An eight-year-old child bride has died in Yemen of internal bleeding sustained during her wedding night after being forced to marry a man five times her age, activists have claimed.

The girl, identified only as Rawan, died in the tribal area of Hardh in northwestern Yemen, which borders Saudi Arabia.

Activists are now calling for the groom, who is believed to be around 40 years old, and her family to be arrested so they can face justice in the courts.

Child bride: The practice of marrying young girls is widespread in Yemen and has attracted the attention of international rights groups seeking to pressure the government to outlaw child marriages

They say arrests would help put a stop to the practice of marrying very young girls to older men in the impoverished region.
Angry Man, a blogger, posted that the man was 'an animal who deserved to be punished severely for his crime'.

'All those who supported such a crime should also be punished,' he added.
Another blogger, called Omar, wrote: 'Rawan’s family members are not humans. They do not deserve to have children.'

But another blogger, called 'Sad', appeared more sympathetic to the custom. He wrote: 'Her family and her groom could have waited for some time before having this marriage,' Sad said.

'It was not fair at all and the marriage should not have happened even if some tribes believe that it is a good custom.'

The practice of marrying young girls is widespread in Yemen and has attracted the attention of international rights groups seeking to pressure the government to outlaw child marriages.

Yemen's gripping poverty plays a role in hindering efforts to stamp out the practice, as poor families find themselves unable to say no to 'bride-prices' that can be hundreds of dollars for their daughters.

More than a quarter of Yemen's females marry before age 15, according to a report in 2010 by the Social Affairs Ministry.

Tribal custom also plays a role, including the belief that a young bride can be shaped into an obedient wife, bear more children and be kept away from temptation.

In September 2010, a 12-year-old Yemeni child-bride died after struggling for three days in labour to give birth, a local human rights organisation said.

Yemen once set 15 as the minimum age for marriage, but parliament annulled that law in the 1990s, saying parents should decide when a daughter marries.

 

 

Daily Mail Online UK
By: Matt Blake
September 9, 2013
 

 
 

Page 9 of 197

<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>


You are here:   HomeLearnRecent News