Thank you for visiting our “Open Eyes, Save Lives” campaign page! Below you’ll find just a few of the key tips and reminders from this very important campaign. Please be sure to sign up to receive our email alerts, which will include many more specific tips on staying alert of any suspicious activity.
The string of jihadist attacks such as Fort Hood, Chattanooga, Boston, and San Bernardino were clear signs that the Islamist terror threat has long ago crossed the oceans and landed here in the U.S. Our leaders can no longer spin today’s terrorist attacks as something that is happening “over there.” U.S. law enforcement has been clear: they will not always be able to protect us from terror attacks, especially when jihadists are crossing our borders with such ease, and living amongst us as friends and neighbors. American citizens must help law enforcement by being extra eyes and ears for them — and we must never be afraid to report something seen as suspicious.
Remember: One next door neighbor in San Bernardino, California could have saved 14 lives by speaking out when confronted by unusual and suspicious activity in and around the home of Tashfeen Malik and Syed Farook. But political correctness caused that individual to remain silent. The result was devastating.
That is why ACT for America, the nation’s largest national security-focused grassroots advocacy organization, has unveiled our #OpenEyesSaveLives campaign.
It is imperative that we stay alert and understand what to actually look for.
If you see or notice any of the below or additional suspicious activities, please contact the local authorities immediately. Remember, you can do so anonymously.
Here are a few national security tips on what to look for, as well as a few important reminders:
- Unusual clothing in a particular setting.
- If you live in a warm state such as Florida or Arizona and see someone dressed in an overcoat or unusual clothing for the season and the place, they may be hiding or packing explosives or a suicide belt. Report anyone appearing unusual to the authorities immediately.
- Backpacks, bags, and luggage left unattended. Be aware if a person strategically places and leaves a bag.
- Unusual activity in or around your neighborhood. (You know best!)
- The signs you heard about in the news in connection with the San Bernardino attack is the perfect example.
- Take note of a person taking pictures or recording of a building’s side doors, loading dock, cameras and back alley.
- This includes any sporting event, concert, stadium or arena.
Always trust your instincts
- We cannot emphasize this point enough. Better safe than sorry. If you strongly feel uncomfortable about a situation or a person, please do not hesitate to call the authorities and bring it to their attention. This is critical.
- You can send information to authorities anonymously.
If you do see suspicious behavior, do not confront the individuals involved.
Take note of the details and remember “Salute”:
S – Size (Jot down the number of people, gender, ages, and physical descriptions)
A – Activity (Describe exactly what they are doing)
L – Location (Provide exact location)
U – Uniform (Describe what they are wearing, including shoes)
T – Time (Provide date, time, and duration of activity)
E – Equipment (Describe vehicle, make, color etc., license plate, camera, guns, etc)
Suspicious activity is often recalled after an event. We must train ourselves to be on the lookout for things that are out of the ordinary and arouse suspicions.
Staying alert is NOT about becoming paranoid. Staying alert is being aware of one’s surroundings. Be alert to indications of possible trouble.
Stay tuned to ACT for America, the nation’s largest national security-focused grassroots advocacy organization, as we continue with our #OpenEyesSaveLives campaign. Political correctness is costing lives. Help us keep Americans alert and safe!
We need you. America needs you. Be the eyes and ears America needs to help keep our country safe. YOU can be the difference.
Join this campaign and help us share the message on social media by using #OpenEyesSaveLives on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram along with our website actforamerica.org.
Please sign up for our emails today in order to receive specific tips, reminders, and articles on what to look out for regarding national security in our #OpenEyesSaveLives email series.
Thank you for standing up and truly ACTing for America!